Monday 31 December 2012

Adieu!


So……!!!! It’s the last hour of 2012 and I thought I should post something. Since I don’t make resolutions (Seriously, I got over that like when I was what? 11?!) so I thought it’s better to end the year with a nice ending and a beautiful beginning.

I know the last few days have been disturbing, at least around where I live. It’s so upsetting that I very reluctantly pick up the newspaper to read these days and trust me, when I say this, it’s actually saying a lot! But then since every cloud has a silver lining and I like to see it, I think the year ends with some despair but more than that… hope! That things will change. And this time- FOR the better.

A lot of goodbyes were said this year. Some really huge personalities called it a day- Sachin Tendulkar, Ricky Ponting!! More than that this year a lot of lives that touched and moved a million hearts took abode to heaven- Pandit Ravi Shankar, Whitney Houston, Rajesh Khanna!!! However, I know that they’d always be fondly remembered with the impressions they left of themselves on this world that make us smile.

I for one, touched a lot of milestones this year- turned 18, graduated from school, made it to an awesome college and well got a chance for new beginnings; something I wished for since the tenth grade desperately. Only I’m glad it didn’t happen back then but after school because evidently, I had lessons to learn and I did. So I graduated sadder but wiser and now I’m in a happy space. Hope you've found yours too. Or else 2013 may bring you just that! who knows? :)

And there’s a lot to look forward to in the year 2013. I can’t really say what since I don’t know myself but I can feel it! Just like I can smell rain! It’s a beautiful feeling and good or bad, I know shall take it all in my stride and learn and grow and become a better and more mature person.

To what comes and what’s left behind! Let’s look back and smile. It shall make us feels better! Let’s look forward and let the twinkle settle in our eyes; welcoming the future! Let’s welcome 2013!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


I hope it brings us all a more prosperous time than what came to us with 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with the comment! :)
Thanks for reading!