Thursday 12 July 2012

The Internship Diaries #1


Well, there was apparently a lot to do at my office. As I advance more towards the closure of the issue and I see adrenaline and emotions running high and I wonder helplessly about how much worse it would have been for earlier issues when I wasn’t there to complete a huge part of their work. No, really! They don’t do much during the initial days but then they’re running under crazy deadlines, which is stupid considering how much time they wasted.

However, in the very first week of my work here, I was told to go with my photographer to shoot for a column. I was told that he travelled on a bike. What I didn’t know was that it was a BULLET and not a bike! I have grown up loathing that absolute insult on the name of a modern-day vehicle because it’s noisy and just hateful! My house is situated near a main road and much to my chagrin, a bullet bike does happen to go by that road every now and then and when that happens I spend about five minutes at least, cursing that bike, the one who made it and the one who rides it.

So, naturally I didn’t want to travel on that bike. However, despite my own set of likes and dislikes (which nobody in the office gives a damn about) I sat on that bike. And that one ride that I took, gave me all the more reasons to hate the bike. For one, that bike was not just noisy but also uncomfortable for the person sitting at the back and it was PETRIFYING and PAINFUL to sit on that bike! Last but certainly not the least; I hated that bike because I was now under the category of people who were being cursed for using that bike! Get where I’m coming from?

I held on to the handle behind me tightly because every second moment I believed I was going to fall. Also, the guy just stank! So I’m pretty sure that people who saw me on that bike that day saw me inclined opposite to that guy… Oh yeah! I’d like to take a fall than torture myself with that stink every second. Also, I couldn’t even place my feet right on the bike so I was uncomfortable. But God knows, I was more uncomfortable when I asked the photographer where to place my feet while going back to office because my feet, legs, thighs and maybe even my butt hurt when I sat the way he told me how I was supposed to! :-/

Now, what was I doing when I was on that bike? Apart from feeling terrified and angry and uncomfortable? I was just basically singing to myself to panic less and also to distract my mind off the fact that I felt that I was gonna fall. Moreover, I was planning how I’d write this little piece of my internship diaries!

What  goes over my head is why guys can die over their bike? That’s still acceptable but why is their BULLET their life?! It’s an absolutely despicable means of transport and what’s even more puzzling is that they take it as a jab to their personal self if somebody says against their BULLET! Oh. MY. God! Really?
As I went on to becoming less fearful of the bike, I was given a shock! The photographer was gonna travel on his bike to Ladakh so he got carriers fitted on his bike. That meant trouble for me cuz I had to make an extra effort to climb on that bike. Well, I would trash that bike if I had the choice! I didn't give a damn about it, let alone making an effort to travel on that bike! It was no Porsche that I’d give all that effort into just getting on it! :-/ So I ended not just loathing that bike but also the process of getting on and off it!

All in all, that ride was something I wished, would never happen again but then when does life oblige to your whims and wishes?


I obviously had to keep quiet about it! :-/

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with the comment! :)
Thanks for reading!