Wednesday 31 December 2014

Ciao 2014!

Can you believe 2014 is over this fast?

I still remember writing away 2013 to welcome 2014 on this date last year. I was apprehensive about what 2014 shall bring for me because 2013 hadn't been particularly generous and I had nothing to look forward to in 2014, but oh my! Wasn't I so wrong!

2014 took my concept and pace of time and threw it out of the window. I have not felt like I have lived two lifetimes in one year ever before, and yet felt like the year flew by. So much happened and I had so much to do! I was also more productive because who can manage two summer courses, two internships, a tornado of assignments and exams the way they come to you at LSR and still come out of all of it like a boss? I do feel like I came out of it stronger and wiser.

It was a generous year. I fell in love twice over with all my senses taking the leap. Who thought I was going to spend a summer in London and then soon after visit McLeod Ganj? Indeed, I have fallen in love. I met so many people from different countries, I graduated from hating selfies to just disliking them, I am a tad bit happier in life, and I am on whatsapp now, which I still like to elude sometimes. (I also watched all of Sherlock for the first time in London, tee-hee!)

Though, all was not happy. A friends passed away. No, we were not in touch the way friends usually are. We only spotted each other on the metro, sometimes. Why I feel like it's my loss too, is because Natasha was really, my happiest memory from school. If I ever get down to writing about how school life was for me, she would be the long-standing and nicest person through all of that. Yes, we drifted apart but we never fought and it was only time. I think we were there for each other for particularly hard times in our lives. As I often say, 'Always, NRI. Always!'

2014 was when I steered my driving wheel my way. I did not wait for things to happen to me, I happened to things and look, I'm happy. I wasn't going to take any more of my maturity shit because it wasn't getting me anywhere. I let go, embraced myself a little more and changed my perceptions a little bit.

So now, I look forward to 2015. Let's see how lessons of 2014 help when changes are coming up in 2015. I'm about to graduate in the next few months, I have to find another place for myself, make decisions and hopefully, keep my peace amidst all of that. Can I do this, can I? Can I?

I shall answer that with what I've learnt at an internship.


"Let's do this!"

Here's two pictures from the happiest times of 2014.

(Don't compare the pictures. I was using a friend's DSLR in London and my poor little phone for McLeod Ganj!)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave your name with the comment! :)
Thanks for reading!